We're looking for an Organic Desert Living obsessed, EXPERIENCED DESIGN ASSISTANT to lead, support and DESIGN alongside all members of our Design Team.
This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be resourceful and a creative problem solver. A positive attitude and ability to work well with others is a must, while always noticing on going changes and adhering to them quickly. An observant individual, able to read the room, and a quick thinker are a big plus.
The right candidate is experienced and passionate about interior design, new builds, building materials and technical requirements to make all of it happen! The right candidate is creative, energetic, willing to put in the time and efforts to learn and grow while climbing our own Design ladder! In this job, you will work with our design and warehouse/operations teams to provide support in all aspects of required tasks and duties to ultimately make our Designer’s job more efficient and seamless. Much of this job will involve design related tasks that directly affect our clients and our projects, both long and short tasks, gophering, setting up ahead of time and breaking down after we’re done in partnership with a Jr. Design Assistant. The Design Assistant should aim to finish our
Design Team’s sentences, make decisions for them when applicable and be well versed in all aspects of
our client projects and client’s needs!
Please send an email titled: DESIGN ASSISTANT with a resume, cover letter and an answer to this question “I want to work for THELIFESTYLEDCO as the DESIGN ASSISTANT because…” to email@example.com
WE ENCOURAGE ALL PEOPLE TO APPLY! AND WHEN WE SAY ALL, WE MEAN ALL!
The Must Haves:
- At least 1-2 years in an active Design Role, either Assisting or comparable position
- Expert level user in Sketch Up and Photoshop, at a minimum - there will be a skills test in the first interview
- Wholesale supplier/vendor knowledge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours per week, with a schedule made 2 weeks in advance and meet weekly/monthly deadlines
- Reliable car with valid driver’s license required
- Understand THELIFESTYLEDCO culture
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, along with some college or creative/arts training preferred or degree.
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact, diplomacy and upbeat personality
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Multi-task, with the desire to work in a very fast-paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Provides clear direction and information while communicating
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications including Excel and Google programs
- Must possess strong presentation and graphic communication skills
- Great listening skills and ability to take constructive feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Familiarity with social media applications
- Must present yourself well with clients and vendors
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to organize and prioritize work
- Must be detail oriented, with ability to check your own work
- Must be a team player, and enjoys wearing different hats
- Contributes to a positive work environment whether in person or working remote that encourages positivity and creativity
Job description, including but not limited to:
- Entry level position within our Design Team, mainly supporting our Designers and works closely with Jr Design Assistant to solve problems with solutions and clear the path for our Designers to focus on new designs, new projects, new work!
- Works independently to gather information and make educated decisions regarding any task at hand while asking questions to gain knowledge and understanding
- Lead and manage installations in a supportive role and among senior employees
- Work closely with clients, suppliers, contractors and coordinate accordingly, all in providing support to your team
- Manage timeline for your individual projects, and ensure timely deliveries and installations, while constantly communicating
- Be prepared and be willing to step in when needed
- Prepare technical renders and drawings as needed, and without being asked based on an established process and workflow
- Research products and assist with the selection and specification of finishes, lighting, equipment, wall-coverings, furniture, etc, when required
- Owns + Maintains materials library including finish samples and catalogs on an on going basis, and creates a process for incoming materials and a dedicated filing system
- Work with vendors to request quotes and track orders, expedite and handle returns while finishing the process through and providing proactive updates to the team and clients, when applicable
- Visit the vendors and showrooms to collect and return samples
- Wear various hats and willing to support other team members, especially during busy times
- Assist with general office organization and any other assignments as needed
- Driving to client and vendor sites
This is an entry level hourly Position, with hourly rate depending on
experience - in office position: office location, Arcadia area/Phoenix AZ