We are looking for an EXPERIENCED Fashion Buyer to join our charismatic team of talented, driven individuals. THELIFESTYLEDCO® is expanding rapidly and we are looking for an addition who can bring a balanced and positive skill set to our close knit team. Our Buying Team members are self-directed individuals, extremely detail oriented, have killer project management skills and an undeniable eye for the latest trends! The right candidate is experienced and passionate about fashion, retail, and the technical requirements to make all of it happen and hit the ground running!
This is a collaborative team environment under the creative direction of Founder and Principal Designer, Kristen Forgione. Our Buying Team manages all aspects of our online and in store product selection, from initial creative concept to placement of the buy. We deliver our signature Organic Desert Living® aesthetic in each of our collections, making them recognizable. Our new team member must strive to further our impact within the retail industry, both in Arizona and as we continue to increase our footprint nationwide. We have high ethical and moral expectations for all employees of our company, and insist that everyone operates with the highest level of respect and kindness to each other, our clients and our families.
Our Buying Team can move between appointments, photoshoots, vendor relationships and job duties with ease, and operate seamlessly between the ever-changing requirements of this industry. Strong attention to detail, and accuracy in product knowledge, wholesale and supplier knowledge, and technical skills are required. Our team focuses on predicting trends and staying ahead of this evolving industry by attending market events with occasional travel.
WE ENCOURAGE ALL PEOPLE TO APPLY! AND WHEN WE SAY ALL, WE MEAN ALL!
QUALIFICATIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Although this is a general outline of job qualifications, all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
- At least 1 year prior experience in a retail role, either buying, assisting or comparable position.
- Shopify knowledge or equivalent platform experience is essential.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment + the ability to multi-task without becoming frustrated with last minute changes.
- Wholesale supplier + vendor knowledge.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Sheets.
- eCommerce knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge in creating listings and product copy is a plus.
- Creative mindset with keen attention to detail.
- Positive attitude with the ability to handle constructive criticism.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week, in office.
- Reliable car with valid driver’s license required.
- Understand THELIFESTYLEDCO® culture.
Job description, including but not limited to:
- Shopify listing creation
- Shopify transfer creation
- Consistency and accuracy amongst all listings - current and previous.
- Assistance with product copy and coding per listing.
- Backend Shopify assistance in regards to all listings and products.
- Constant communication with vendors in regards all active orders
- Constant updates to senior buyer + warehouse team in regards to transit of products
- Buy creation - finding new + fresh products that hit all launch categories
- Assistance in product orders - old + new
- Weekly reporting to ensure products are always movingbetween brick-and-mortar locations
- Update running order document in regards to order tracking + status
- Constant communication between buying team + warehouse operations
- Photoshoot assistance - ensure that all model looks are pulled, prepped + styled
- Email management to ensure all emails are responded to in a timely manner
- Daily updates of running documents in regards to orders, re- orders + photoshoots
- Look book creation per launch using Canva or other graphic design software
- 401K program eligibility after 1 year of full-time employment.
- Employee Discount
- HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) access available to full-timeemployees.
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave Program after 1 year of employment.
- 10 days paid vacation + 3 sick days paid annually.
- Waiting period may apply
This is a salaried position starting at $42-50K with pay depending on experience. If this sounds like your dream job, please email a cover letter, resume and Instagram handle, with subject line "Fashion Buyer Applicant" to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a test, so follow directions carefully.