WORKING WITH A PROFESSIONAL
If you are able to work with a professional, DO IT! Early in the design process, you should know who you are working with and what some of their limitations if any, may be! You don’t want to be dreaming up things that are way out of your budget or that can’t be executed. Finding the perfect fit in closet design will make or break your experience! Look for an organic and natural connection with your designer and a strong business acumen and footprint, from the very beginning! I worked with Classy Closets
for my closet build out and I could not be happier! Something I think you all will appreciate if you choose to work with Classy Closets is their range of finished designs; they can design and install a fully personalized and custom closet of any size or something very simple… Their process is completely customizable based on size, budget, design elements, etc.! Closets are not one size fits all, just like your clothing, and should be treated with personal care.
As long-time trusted partners, I worked with Closet Designer, Sarah Owens on a collaborative design process where she drew out our concepts, in paper form. From concept to technical drawings, we were able to work through a few revisions to tweak every square inch to perfectly suit my most requested elements! Next, the designs were put into 3D renders, which as consumers, give you that visual so you can really see what your closet is going to look like. One of the best parts of working with Classy Closets is that the actual production and fabrication of my closets took only 12 weeks; which by today's standards is super fast! From Design to Installation, the overall process was detailed, concise, and well-planned!
KEY ELEMENTS THAT MAKE A DREAM CLOSET
From the start, I was going for something different… different from all the closets we’ve been a part of and most closets you regularly see! A special design that could serve as the home for all of the pieces I own from THELIFESTYLEDCO®; a place that is inspiring to get dressed in; and even a place that turned the daunting task of packing into a boutique-like place to pull looks for my travels! All of those key elements were established early on in my planning process, and yours should too! Discover possibilities using Pinterest and Instagram, or even your closet designer’s past work! I’ve listed a few of my favorite design concepts to consider:
- Unique floorplan with natural light where possible.
- Ample storage based on your needs for delicate items like jewelry, sunglasses, perfume, scarves, phone accessories, and keepsakes.
- Designate a pretty “moment” or line of sight where possible, including a Selfie spot, with a killer mirror moment!
- Think about more than just clothes/shoe storage, including a selfie spot and even a workspace or reflection spot.
- Small (or large depending on your pieces) display area for your most coveted pieces that feels boutique-like!
- Packing island with power/charge ports for charging and iron/steamer use.
- Valet Rods
- Integrated spot for step ladder based on ceiling height.
- Designated area for packages and dry cleaning.
- Discrete spot for a small waste basket to easily discard clothing tags and packaging.
- Focal lighting or a lighting “moment” where possible whether it's overhead, sconce or, lamp!
#theODLhouse | Lead Designer: Kristen Forgione for THELIFESTYLEDCO | Build: Craft Homes | Photography: Nick Sorensen
Get in Touch With Classy Closets
To get in touch with Classy Closets about designing your own dream closet, click here! You can also get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling (480)967-2200.
We always read all of your comments/DMs, so if you want to see more like this or have a suggestion for future posts, let us know in the comments!
XO, Kristen Forgione