KRISTEN's PANTRY // LINKS + PHOTOS
NOTE: Much of my pantry was made with IKEA but IKEA plays by their own rules and they are’t an affiliate with RewardStyle (the affiliate company I work with), so I won’t be able to add these links to the pretty little grid below! If you prefer to use the same IKEA items, you gotta hit the pavement and grab them directly at your local IKEA store, or online!
Ok, another thing about IKEA… while I’m super happy with how everything turned out… I would NOT recommend using these IKEA Seagrass baskets. I love the size and I was able to figure out the labeling (more on that on stories + highlights on IG) but the baskets SHED! Like a lot… and it looks like there are short beachy little hairs on all of the sparkling white bins! It’s driving me nuts BUT currently picking my battles and moving TF on!
shop these sources
* All products featured are independently selected by our team. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Note: any pieces not listed do not have sources we are able to share. All items subject to availability *
A few VERY quick tips on maximizing your PANTRY design, redesign or organization
- MEASURE - measure the available space you have between shelves, between brackets, width/depth/height of cabinet openings, etc
- PURGE- purge all your shit BEFORE you buy all of the expensive containers, baskets, etc. Check labels for buy or sell by dates, consolidate + be realistic on what you will eat.
- THE BACKSTOCK BASKET- Like all well styled spaces, there is someplace you’re not seeing with a bunch of ugly shit because LIFE. This will be way more manageable if you’re not trying to find a place for a bunch of excess (see number 2) and will also be way more manageable on an on going basis, when you’re transferring all of your store bought packaging into your new fancy clear containers! Make the baskets NOT CLEAR, NOT SEE THROUGH and able to hide all the mac and cheese (albeit Annie’s) we know you have!
- A MOMENT- We always talk about a moment… a “moment” in a space. Make sure you have a “design moment” in any space you do, and yes, this includes your PANTRY! Make it eye level so every single time you see it, you’re encouraged to keep the space looking clean + beautiful, because if it’s not, the moment is lost. We tell clients all the time, having styled spaces takes work but if we design it (or you plan it right) it will be effortless, easy and well worth the reward!
- FONTS + LABELING- for the love of God, please use the same font. If you MUST, a maximum of two. NO MORE. In small spaces, something as elementary as cohesive labeling (or lack there of) will keep things simple or make things vvvvv messy! I had custom vinyls made from one of my bests for everything I knew was permanent, so find a friend with a Cricket machine -OR- get on Etsy - a million options linked here!